Saturday, March 17, 2018

DISNEY MONEY SAVING TIPS AND OTHER HELPFUL TIPS

MONEY SAVING TIPS AND OTHER HELPFUL TIPS

1. Buy souvenirs and glow sticks before your trip to bring along. I went to the dollar store and bought Disney gifts as well as glow sticks. Each morning I would surprise my kids with Disney gifts before we went to the park.

2. Bring your own ponchos. It is cheaper to buy before hand than at the parks

3. Bring your own snacks and refillable water bottles. You can get free iced water at any quick service restaurants.  We ate all meals at quick service restaurants. Meals at quick service are under $14.99 per each meal. The first day I brought the kids PB&Js to eat and planned on only adults buying a meal. However my kids wanted our food so we all just bought meals from then on. My kids would split a kids meal and it was plenty for both of them. Most kids meals are around $7.

4. Make your own family t-shirts. I used some old white undershirts then used Avery iron on transfer to make our shirts. They cost less than $8!



5. Bring change for penny presses. Fun and cheap souvenir!

6. I'D tattoos for little ones. Can get on amazon

7. Photos: Ask a cast member to use your phone or camera to take a family photo. We did not do the memory maker however we did purchase 4 printed photos for $35.95 (2 5×7 and 2 4×6). You can wait until the end of your trip to pick your 4 favorite photos from your time at Disney. 

8. Buy Minnie mouse/Mickey mouse ears before trip. 

9. Make your own autograph book. We used this one from hip2save.

10. Plan on at least one hour from time take shuttle from hotel (we stayed in Disney Springs), bag check at park, then monorail into Magic Kingdom.

11. Bring a stroller for any kid under 7.

12. Use a Disney Planner they are FREE! I used Jenni with Adventure with Magic. She was fabulous and really helpful! She even snagged us Avatar fast passes which are really hard to get. Disney Planners know the inside tricks to Disney. 

13. Print out a free countdown sheet, put a protective sheet over then use a dry erase marker to keep up how many days until your trip. 

14. Create your own tag for your stroller. There are lots of stroller at Disney so make yours stand out to find it easier after rides. I created this sheet below for ours. I laminated it too so it would not ripe. 


Check out my other Disney World Post!

How I paid for our Disney Vacation as a Homemaker


and 

Disney with Toddlers

0 comments:

Post a Comment